SERVPRO Tips to Help Declutter Your Hill Country Office
SERVPRO of The Hill Country knows how important clean is so to help with that we thought we would bring you some tips and tricks to help de-clutter your office.
- Divide Your Workplace Into Zones: Determine how you want and need to use the space and set up zones for your daily functions. You may require a workspace for your computer, a library area for your research, a storage area for supplies and a filing area for your archives. This will provide a foundation for a more efficient use of space.
- Keep Only What You Need At Arm's Length: Boxes of pens, stacks of papers and old coffee cups need to go. Rid your desk of visual clutter by pairing down the items to the top essentials only. Supplies, paperwork and personal items should be kept in the zones you've established for them.
- Create A Daily Paper System: Consider creating hanging files or baskets labeled "To Read," "To Do," and "To File." Establish sheet days for each, so that you don't get behind or feel the overwhelming need to do everything at once.
- Sort Your Catchall Drawer: Use drawer dividers to give everything a place, like compartments for paperclips and rubber bands. Go through the drawer every six weeks and clear out anything that is out of place or isn't being used.
- Eliminate Digital Clutter: Digital clutter can be just as stressful as physical clutter. Organize digital files and your e-mail inbox just as you would paper files- with a system of logical and clearly labeled folders. Also, keep the icons on your desktop to a bare minimum, and trade in sticky notes on your monitor for calendar reminders.
- Disinfect Regularly: Prevent the buildup of dust, dirt, food stains, and fingerprints. Wipe down your desk, phone, keyboard, and monitor once a week with disinfecting wipes.
SERVPRO of The Hill Country is dedicated to taking the stress out of your daily business lives whether it be through cleaning tips or through our 24 hour response to a house full of water or an office full of smoke.